Friday, April 1, 2016

The Journey So Far

It has been about two and a half years since my last post, and for that I am sorry. But that also isn't something I should be taking hard; it has been an eventful past couple of years. As you may know, I transferred high schools going into junior year and graduated from Dreyfoos School of the Arts in 2015. Since graduation, I got a job over the summer as a physical therapy aide and learned so much about social skills and general professional working. Then, in August, I began college at Florida State University. So I haven't been slacking completely, just at this.

I also kept up with running throughout that time until I got to college, it became so hard to juggle everything from the workload of classes to sailing practice (yes, I am on FSU's club sailing team). Although, I will say that I started running again in January but then got bronchitis and pneumonia and obviously had to stop. I have started to get back into exercising through doing runs in the morning if I wake up early enough or doing laps at the pool for 30+ mins after my psychology class.

The hardest part about getting back into running is finding the time and actually committing to it. Because I tell myself a lot that I will run in the morning the next day and boy can I not even count the number of times I have hit snooze on my alarm instead. College makes you unbelievably lazy. I have never been this lazy in my life and I hate it. I hate it so much. Where did the driven Hannah go? On vacation apparently.

I decided that I wanted to get back into the swing of blogging again because I think that it will help motivate me to get up and go for a run when I have the time. As the semester is coming to a close (rather quickly), the stress relief that running will give off will benefit me greatly.

I can't wait to continue to share my journey and hopefully interest and share some great running articles with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment